Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holla

I hope one of you is ready to hire a personal pastry chef (PPC). Cuz in one week, I graduate. Then it's hardcore Christmas Cookie Time. Then... I got nothin.'

But I know how to make awesome pizza dough!

And I can cover it in your favorite toppings...

And as your PPC, I won't even let Linda touch it. (She didn't touch my pizza, either. Her hand got slapped!)

Now here are some breads you won't be eating if I worked for you:

Pear Buckwheat bread

Roasted Potato Bread

Roasted Tomato Bread

Harvest Squash Bread

Let's just say that they weren't my slice of bread. I think of the person who wrote the recipe, and then I think about how I would feel if I wrote a recipe that people said was awful, and I can't say anything bad (on the internet).

There were plenty of breads that were great. If you hire a PPC, you'll eat them on a regular basis.

You can't go wrong with Cook's Illustrated, and their Olive Rosemary bread is tender and has a good olive flavor (you're out of luck if you don't like olives).

Fougasse is a traditional bread that is related to focaccia. We shaped and cut it to look like a leaf.

And the Challah was so good it was gone in one night. How many people say out loud "Holla!" when they hear someone else say "Challah"? I say it in my head, so I know half the population says it out loud. Anyway, it's good.

Next week I want to show you the gingerbread version of the Art Institute that I helped with. If you had a PPC, you could have a gingerbread replica of your house. Just saying.

And it's finals week. I doubt lightning will strike twice and the grease trap will need to be replaced, canceling finals. But one can hope.

2 comments:

  1. i think yr breads are beautiful. even if they didn't taste that great. I made sourdough bread from scratch one time, and i also made naan one time, as well, which i'm fiendishly obsessed with! Also, the specialty cakes featured in the previous posts are totally amazing, and you should be really proud of yrself. Just sayin'.
    I would totally hire you as a PPC, if i were not a poversty stricken, semi-nomadic boho. As it were, next time i pass through IN, maybe i'll hire you to make me a bagel or something'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much does a PPC charge? Would you be an au pair too? If so, you might have to move to SC to live with me. :) You can help with all my indulgances of the next pregnancy

    ReplyDelete