Monday, June 28, 2010

It's So Fluffy I'm Gonna Die


So, I "graduated" in June, but I decided to go to Taryn & Erik's wedding instead. (Congrats!)
It made me realize how long it's been since I updated.

My last post was just before Christmas, and I promised to show you the gingerbread version of the Pyramids. So here you go. MANY AI students and chefs worked on this giant gingerbread house, which turned out really nice.


For my wonderful Italian family's Christmas party I wanted to make cannoli. But, I forgot to bring the tubes to shape the shells. Instead, my beautiful sister helped me cut and fry hundreds of little circles.


And we made these adorable cannoli sandwiches.


OK, enough Christmas in July. Just before New Years I started working at a French cafe in Carmel. I make a wide variety of pastry and pies. You can see my eclairs, cookies, and cakes in this video.

One of my responsibilities is to make crepes. Lots of crepes. But my first week, my friend Michelle was visiting. She charmed me into teaching her how to make crepes. On my day off.


We had a good time.


By the time the Superbowl came around, I was itching to bake some cookies from my Christmas gift from Tari. These are the Chocolate Sandwiches from Martha Stewart's Cookies.


Thank you for the cookbook, Tari! They were delicious, of course.


Valentine's Day at the restaurant was full of truffles. Mocha, caramel, champagne, and raspberry truffles, which were bought by more staff than customers.


I also made cupcakes for my friend Jennifer's baby shower. These are chocolate cherry cake with fondant decorations and lemon chiffon cake with buttercream icing. And now her baby is four months old! (Hi Opal!)


My biggest accomplishment is my first wedding cake! I was nervous, but I think it turned out great.


Congratulations to Shea and Katelyn!


So that's what I've been up to for the last 6 months. There were so many shout-outs that I should have called this post "Rollin' with the Homies" or something. But the Despicable Me previews have taken over my life. The movie doesn't come out until next week, and my co-workers and I can't stop quoting Agnes. "It's so yummy I'm gonna die!"

I'd also like to congratulate Neal & Amanda on their wedding; Terry & Melinda, and My Dad & Roberta on their upcoming weddings. And welcome my newest cousins Jackson Haro and Makenzie Shaw!

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again! Congratulations on the job, I'm sure you are doing an amazing job! Just don't make us wait 6 more months for another update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the post!!!! We JUST made your Dua Chua recipe for fish taco night, DELICIOUS!! I feel like you are my own personal pastry chef- I am so awesome to have my own ;)

    Next challange, a cannoli cupcake!! and it has to have an actual cannoli on the the top or something. And next time I see you, you will be forced to make truffles with me on your day off. Everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-outs -- your work is just amazing!!! We can't wait to meet your new little one that's soon to come...xo

    ReplyDelete